Writing at a consistency level of ONE means that your write will be
acknowledged as soon as one replica confirms that it has made the write to
memtable and the commit log (might not be quite synced to disk, but that’s a
separate issue).
All the writes are submitted in parallel, so it is very possible that the data
will be on the other nodes very quickly

Reading at ONE means that only one node will be asked for the data (unless you
have rapid-read-protection AND the node you asked is very slow to respond).

So writing/reading at ONE means that it is possible (depending on how long you
wait and a bunch of other factors) that the read - if it goes to another
replica - *may* not return the data.

The safest thing to do is QUORUM writes and reads - this way the write only is
acknowledged when 2 of the 3 replicas have confirmed the data is written;
subsequently your read will go to at least 2 nodes, at least one of which must
therefore have the latest data, and the read command returns the most up to
date data amongst the responding nodes.