OK, so I'm greatly encouraged by the level of interest in this. I went
ahead and created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6846, and
will be starting to look into what the interface would have to look like.
Anybody feel free to continue the discussion here, email me privately, or
comment on ticket with your thoughts.

-Tupshin