Thanks Manoj. Great post for those who already have Cassandra in production.
However it brings me back to my original post.
All the points you have mentioned apply to any big data technology.
Storage- All of them
Query- All of them. In fact lot of them perform better. Agree that CQL
structure is better. But hive,mongo all good
Availability- many of them

So my question is basically to Cassandra support people e.g.- Datastax Or
the developers.
What makes Cassandra special.
If I have to convince my CTO to spend million dollars on a cluster and
support, his first question would be why Cassandra? Why not this or that?

So I still am not sure about what special Cassandra brings to the table?

Sorry about the rant. But in the enterprise world, decisions are taken
based on taking into account the stability, convincing managers and what
not. Chosen technology has to be stable for years. People should be
convinced that the engineers are not going to do a lot of firefighting.

Any inputs appreciated.