Having an ORM says nothing about the maturity of a database, it says more about
the community and their willingness to create one.  The database itself has
nothing to do with the creation of the ORM.  Atop everything else, as was
stated, knowing how to model your queries is the most important thing, more
than knowing how to use the driver.  Cassandra has a very specific way that it
stores data, if you attempt to store data the way you do in any other RDBMS
there is a good chance you will have a very hard time.

Also, this: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/databases/9780133440195

We wrote it for 1.2 but most all of the information still applies.

The performance gains you get from Cassandra come at a cost, that cost being
that you need to know what you are doing.