Removing *QL from application code is not really an indicator of the
maturity of a technology. ORMs and automatic type mapping in general
tend to be very easy things for a developer to work with allowing for
rapid prototypes, but those applications are often ill-suited to being
deployed is high-volume environments.

I have used a wide variety of ORMs over the last 15 years, hibernate
being a favourite at which I am held to have some expertise, but when
I am creating an app for the real world in situations where I can
expect several million requests/day, I do not touch them.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com

 May the Source be with you.