Cassandra isn¹t great at ad hoc queries.  Many of us have paired it with an
indexing engine like SOLR or Elastic Search.
(built-into the DSE solution)

As of late, I think there are a few of us exploring Spark SQL.  (which you
can then use via JDBC or REST)

-brian

---
Brian O'Neill
Chief Technology Officer
Health Market Science, a LexisNexis Company
215.588.6024 Mobile € @boneill42 <http://www.twitter.com/boneill42>

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or the
person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please contact
the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and
destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this
strictly prohibited.