Concurrent update should not be problematic. Duplicate entries should not
be created. If it appears to be, explain your apparent issue so we can see
whether it is a real issue.

But at least from all of the details you have disclosed so far, there does
not appear to be any indication that this type of time series would be
anything other than a good fit for Cassandra.

Besides, the new materialized view feature of Cassandra 3.0 would make it
an even easier fit.

-- Jack Krupansky