hi all,
what are the better ways to check replication overall status of cassandra
cluster?
 within a single DC, unless a node is down for long time, most of the time i
feel it is pretty much non-issue and things are replicated pretty fast. But
when a node come back from a long offline, is there a way to check that the
node has finished its data sync with other nodes  ?
 Now across DC, we have frequent VPN outage (sometime short sometims long)
between DCs, i also like to know if there is a way to find how the replication
progress between DC catching up under this condtion?
 Also, if i understand correctly, the only gaurantee way to make sure data are
synced is to run a complete repair job, is that correct? I am trying to see if
there is a way to "force a quick replication sync" between DCs after vpn
outage. Or maybe this is unnecessary, as Cassandra will catch up as fast as it
can, there is nothing else we/(system admin) can do to make it faster or better?

Sent from my iPhone