We built a Cassandra metrics tracking and monitoring project
https://github.com/smartcat-labs/cassandra-diagnostics that will pump said
metrics into your monitoring system; we are working on adding new features
(maybe repair and restart) but I've also always heard good things about
Spotify's Reaper https://github.com/spotify/cassandra-reaper re repairs

Scott
SmartCat - Big Data Development Consulting That Doesn't Suck