Hi,

We are running Cassandra 3.6 and want to bump up Cassandra nodes in an
existing datacenter from 3 to 12 (plan to move to r3.xlarge machines to
leverage more memory instead of m4.2xlarge). Bootstrapping a node would
take 7-8 hours.

If this activity is performed serially then it will take 5-6 days. I had a
look at CASSANDRA-7069
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7069> and a bit of
discussion in the past at -
http://grokbase.com/t/cassandra/user/147gcqvybg/adding-more-nodes-into-the-cluster.
Wanted to know if the limitation is still applicable and race condition
could occur in 3.6 version.

If this is not the case can we add a new datacenter as mentioned here
opsAddDCToCluster
<https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.x/cassandra/operations/opsAddDCToCluster.html>
and
bootstrap multiple nodes simultaneously by keeping auto_bootstrap false in
cassandra.yaml and rebuilding nodes simultaneously in the new dc?

Thanks & Regards,
Bhuvan