Hi,

We have a brand new Cassandra cluster (version 3.0.4) and we set up
nodetool repair scheduled for every day (without any options for repair).
As per documentation, incremental repair is the default in this case.
Should we do a full repair for the very first time on each node once and
then leave it to do incremental repair afterwards?

*Problem we are facing:*

On a random node, the repair process throws validation failed error,
pointing to some other node

For Eg. Node A, where the repair is run (without any option), throws below
error

*Validation failed in /Node B*

In Node B when we check the logs, below exception is seen at the same exact
time...

*java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot start multiple repair sessions over the
same sstables*
*        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionManager.doValidationCompaction(CompactionManager.java:1087)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.4.jar:3.0.4]*
*        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionManager.access$700(CompactionManager.java:80)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.4.jar:3.0.4]*
*        at
org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.CompactionManager$10.call(CompactionManager.java:700)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.4.jar:3.0.4]*
*        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
~[na:1.8.0_73]*
*        at
~[na:1.8.0_73]*

Can you please help on how this can be fixed?

Thanks,
Kathir