You would expect some drop when moving to single multiple nodes but on the
face of it that feels extreme to me (although I’ve never personally tested
the difference). Some questions that might help provide an answer:
- what consistency level are you using for the test?
- what is your keyspace definition (replication factor most importantly)?
- where are you running your test client (is it a separate box to
cassandra)?
- what C* version?
- what are specs (CPU, RAM) of the test servers?

Cheers
Ben

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 at 09:26 Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at
Cisco) <bjano...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m working on a project and we have Java benchmark test for testing the
> performance when using Cassandra database. Create operation on a single
> node Cassandra cluster is about 15K operations per second. Problem we have
> is when I set up cluster with 2 or more nodes (each of them are on separate
> virtual machines and servers), the performance goes down to 1K ops/sec. I
> follow the official instructions on how to set up a multinode cluster – the
> only things I change in Cassandra.yaml file are: change seeds to IP address
> of one node, change listen and rpc address to IP address of the node and
> finally change endpoint snitch to GossipingPropertyFileSnitch. The
> replication factor is set to 1 when having 2-node cluster. I use only one
> datacenter. The cluster seems to be doing fine (I can see nodes
> communicating) and so is the CPU, RAM usage on the machines.
>

> Does anybody have any ideas? Any help would be very appreciated.
>

> Thanks!

  • Cassandra cluster perf... Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco)
    • Re: Cassandra clu... Ben Slater
      • Re: Cassandra... Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco)
        • Re: Cassa... Ben Slater
          • Re: C... Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco)
            • ... kurt Greaves
              • ... Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco)
        • RE: Cassa... Abhishek Kumar Maheshwari
          • Re: C... Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco)
            • ... kurt Greaves
              • ... Kant Kodali
                • ... Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco)