> Is there a overhead using line by line option or wasted disk space?
>
>  There is a very recent topic about that in the mailing list, look for "Time
series data model and tombstones". I believe DuyHai answer your question
there with more details :).

*tl;dr:*

Yes, if you know the TTL in advance, and it is fixed, you might want to go
with the table option instead of adding the TTL in each insert. Also you
might want consider using TWCS compaction strategy.

Here are some blogposts my coworkers recently wrote about TWCS, it might be
useful:

http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2016/12/08/TWCS-part1.html
http://thelastpickle.com/blog/2017/01/10/twcs-part2.html

C*heers,