So I’ve read that if your using authentication in Cassandra 2.1 that your
replication factor should match the number of nodes in your datacenter.

Is that true?

I have two datacenter cluster, 135 nodes in datacenter 1 & 227 nodes in an AWS
datacenter.

Why do I want to replicate the system_auth table that many times?

What are the benefits and disadvantages of matching the number of nodes as
opposed to the standard replication factor of 3?

The reason I’m asking the question is because it seems like I’m getting a lot
of authentication errors now and they seem to happen more under load.

Also, querying the system_auth table from cqlsh to get the users seems to now
timeout.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks