Hello!

Could you please give some ideas on the following problem?

We have a cluster with 3 nodes, running Cassandra 2.2.11.

We've recently discovered high CPU usage on one cluster node, after some
investigation we found that number of sstables for one CF on it is very
big: 5800 sstables, on other nodes: 3 sstable.

Data size in this keyspace was not very big ~100-200Mb per node.

There is no such problem with other CFs of that keyspace.

nodetool compact solved the issue as a quick-fix.

But I'm wondering, what was the cause? How prevent it from repeating?

--
Best Regards,
Dmitry Simonov