Do we have to setup the reaper on one of the node where Cassandra cluster
is running?
We are using a separate node where we have the connectivity to the
Cassandra cluster .

We have tried with the certificate settings in
/usr/local/bin/cassandra-reaper

We have put below in /usr/local/bin/cassandra-reaper

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dssl.enable=true
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=/etc/dse/cassandra/keystores/server-keystore.jks
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=xxxxxx
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/etc/dse/cassandra/keystores/server-truststore.jks
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=xxxxxxx"

But still getting below error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot
initialize SSL Context

at
com.datastax.driver.core.JdkSSLOptions.makeDefaultContext(JdkSSLOptions.java:81)

at com.datastax.driver.core.JdkSSLOptions.<init>(JdkSSLOptions.java:49)

at
com.datastax.driver.core.JdkSSLOptions$Builder.build(JdkSSLOptions.java:128)

at
systems.composable.dropwizard.cassandra.ssl.JDKSSLOptionsFactory.build(JDKSSLOptionsFactory.java:15)

at java.util.Optional.map(Optional.java:215)

at
systems.composable.dropwizard.cassandra.CassandraFactory.build(CassandraFactory.java:477)

at
systems.composable.dropwizard.cassandra.CassandraFactory.build(CassandraFactory.java:447)

at
io.cassandrareaper.storage.CassandraStorage.<init>(CassandraStorage.java:140)

at
io.cassandrareaper.ReaperApplication.initializeStorage(ReaperApplication.java:235)

at io.cassandrareaper.ReaperApplication.run(ReaperApplication.java:140)

at io.cassandrareaper.ReaperApplication.run(ReaperApplication.java:67)

at io.dropwizard.cli.EnvironmentCommand.run(EnvironmentCommand.java:43)

at io.dropwizard.cli.ConfiguredCommand.run(ConfiguredCommand.java:85)

at io.dropwizard.cli.Cli.run(Cli.java:75)

at io.dropwizard.Application.run(Application.java:79)

at io.cassandrareaper.ReaperApplication.main(ReaperApplication.java:87)

Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing
implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class:
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext)

at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1617)

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:236)

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:164)

at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:156)

at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getDefault(SSLContext.java:96)

at
com.datastax.driver.core.JdkSSLOptions.makeDefaultContext(JdkSSLOptions.java:79)

... 15 more

Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/etc/dse/cassandra/keystores/server-keystore.jks (No such file or directory)

at
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultManagersHolder.getKeyManagers(SSLContextImpl.java:822)

at
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultManagersHolder.<clinit>(SSLContextImpl.java:758)

at
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext.<init>(SSLContextImpl.java:913)

at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

at

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1595)

... 20 more

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/etc/dse/cassandra/keystores/server-keystore.jks (No such file or directory)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)

at
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultManagersHolder$2.run(SSLContextImpl.java:826)

at
sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultManagersHolder$2.run(SSLContextImpl.java:823)