Hi, the nodes are still communicating because they have not yet done the
logical separation, this is done by changing the snitch for each node in
the cluster in the cassandra.yaml file of the node and then changing the
name of the DC in cassandra-rackdc.properties. It is very important to do a
total cleaning of the nodes.

You could follow this links

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/operations/opsSwitchSnitch.html

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/operations/opsAddDCToCluster.html