From: Leena Ghatpande <lghatpa...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 9:02 AM
To: Stefan Miklosovic <stefan.mikloso...@instaclustr.com>;
user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Migrate large volume of data from one table to another
table within the same cluster when COPY is not an option.

Our data model cannot be like below as you have recommended as majority of the
reads need to select the data by the partition key (id) only, not by date.
You could remodel your data in such way that you would make primary key like
this
((date), hour-minute, id)
or
((date, hour-minute), id)

By adding the date as clustering column, yes the idea was to use the Allow
Filtering on the date and pull the records. Understand that it is not
recommended to do this, but we have been doing this on another existing large
table and have not run into any issue so far. But want to understand if there
is a better approach to this?

Thanks