If it were me, I'd look at raw request rates (in terms of requests /
second as well as request latency), network throughput and then some
flame graphs of both the server and your application:
https://github.com/jvm-profiling-tools/async-profiler.

I've created an issue in tlp-stress to add compression options for the
driver: https://github.com/thelastpickle/tlp-stress/issues/67.  If
you're interested in contributing the feature I think tlp-stress will
more or less solve the remainder of the problem for you (the load
part, not the os numbers).

Jon