Curious if anyone could shed some light on this. Trying to set up a 4-node,
one DC (for now, same region, same AZ, same VPC, etc) cluster in AWS.

All nodes have the following config (everything else basically standard):
cassandra.yaml:
  listen_address: NODE?_PRIVATE_IP
  seeds: "NODE1_ELASTIC_IP"
  endpoint_snitch: Ec2MultiRegionSnitch
cassandra-rackdc.properties:
  empty except prefer_local=true

I've tried setting
  broadcast_address: NODE?_ELASTIC_IP
But that didn't help - and it seems redundant, as it appears that that's
what the Ec2MultiRegionSnitch does anyway.

Node 1 starts up fine, because it's the seed. No other nodes will start,
reporting:
"Exception (java.lang.RuntimeException) encountered during startup: Unable
to gossip with any seeds"

Adding iptables rules to the nodes to translate outgoing packets with
destination of NODE?_ELASTIC_IP to destination of NODE?_PRIVATE_IP solves
the issue, but that seems like a hack.
(For Example: iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d ELASTIC_IP -j DNAT
--to-destination PRIVATE_IP)

Not sure if I'm missing a config item, or something in AWS is blocking me,
or if 3.11.2 has an issue.

Thanks,
Voytek Jarnot