On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 3:14 AM Voytek Jarnot <voytek.jar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Curious if anyone could shed some light on this. Trying to set up a
> 4-node, one DC (for now, same region, same AZ, same VPC, etc) cluster in
> AWS.
>
> All nodes have the following config (everything else basically standard):
> cassandra.yaml:
>   listen_address: NODE?_PRIVATE_IP
>   seeds: "NODE1_ELASTIC_IP"
>   endpoint_snitch: Ec2MultiRegionSnitch
> cassandra-rackdc.properties:
>   empty except prefer_local=true
>
> I've tried setting
>   broadcast_address: NODE?_ELASTIC_IP
> But that didn't help - and it seems redundant, as it appears that that's
> what the Ec2MultiRegionSnitch does anyway.

Hi,

It is quite confusing, as I remember hitting this issue before.  You need
to set the following:

broadcast_rpc_address: NODE?_ELASTIC_IP

Even though, listen_address and broadcast_address should be set by the EC2
snitch automatically, the above parameter is not set automatically and this
is the one that the nodes are using to talk to each other.

Cheers,
--
Alex