Anyone know where I could find out more information on this?
Thanks!

-Joe

On 1/13/2021 8:42 AM, Joe Obernberger wrote:
Reading the documentation on Cassandra 3.x there is recommendations that node size should be ~1TByte of data.  Modern servers can have 24 SSDs, each at 2TBytes in size for data.  Is that a bad idea for Cassandra?  Does 4.0beta4 handle larger nodes? We have machines that have 16, 8TBytes SATA drives - would that be a bad server for Cassandra?  Would it make sense to run multiple copies of Cassandra on the same node in that case?

Thanks!

-Joe