That’s correct, yes. There is no current or upcoming version of Apache Cassandra in which materialized views are expected to be considered production-ready and maintain full consistency with their base table at this time.

The feature is classified as “experimental” to indicate that this behavior is unfortunately expected. Upcoming features such as distributed transactions may simplify the process of maintaining consistent materialized views from the perspective of an application in a future release.

- Scott