Vaibhav, thank you for reaching out and sharing this issue report.Could you run an
`lsof` and share which SSTable files you see open (e.g., all SSTable components or a
subset of them); and also share the value of the `disk_access_mode` property from
your cassandra.yaml?Opening a Jira ticket for this for discussion / investigation is
probably a good next step.Thanks,– ScottOn Aug 16, 2023, at 9:28 AM, vaibhav khedkar
<vkhedk...@gmail.com> wrote:Hi everyone,We recently upgraded our fleet of ~2500
Cassandra instances from 3.11.9 to 4.0.5.After the upgrade, we are seeing a unique
issue where the compacted SSTables's file descriptors are still present and are never
cleared. This is causing false disk alerts. We have to restart nodes very often in
order to reclaim the disk space.We use the Apache version of C* along with CentOS
Linux 7.9.2009 and Java 8.We are looking for help in resolving this issue. If you
have any suggestions, please let us know.Thank you,vaibhav