On 07-03-2012 06:37, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM, Kasper Føns<kfo...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hi Sanselan.

I have a hard time finding out how to use Sanselan.

Suppose I have some JPEG picture which I want to add some attributes to.
If for example I want to add some user comment or date I try this:

TiffOutputSet outputSet = new TiffOutputSet();
TiffOutputField dateTaken =
TiffOutputField.create(TiffConstants.EXIF_TAG_CREATE_DATE,
outputSet.byteOrder, "2003:03:29 17:47:50");
TiffOutputField comment =
TiffOutputField.create(TiffConstants.EXIF_TAG_IMAGE_DESCRIPTION,
outputSet.byteOrder, "This is a test!");

However, both of these fails on "unexpected data type".
If I am not supposed to give a String, then what I am supposed to supply?

I hope you can help with these, probably noobish questions.

/Kasper
That TiffOutputField.create() was a horribly broken API that I've
eliminated in the latest SVN, and replaced with a new, beautiful, type
safe, code completable, byte order independent
TiffOutputDirectory.add() API.

I recommend you use the latest SVN, or wait for the 1.0 release in a
few weeks. If you really must use version 0.97, I think the only way
to get strings to work is to convert the string to bytes with
getBytes(), null-terminate those yourself, then pass them to the
low-level constructor "new TiffOutputField(...)".

Damjan

Hi again Damjan.

Thanks for the response. I have had a look at the new API, and it looks cleaner.

I want to run this on Android, and I can see that there is a heavy dependency on java.awt, which unfortunately is not in Android.
Do you have some hints as what to do?

/Kasper