Hi

@Kasper did you get things working??

I'm trying to write an android application that lets me read and write user
comments in JPEG files.
I'm using sanselan since there is no user comments field in the Android
ExifInterface API. The issue is that the USER_COMMENT and the XPCOMMENT
remain unchanged.

Here is part of my code

IImageMetadata meta = null;
meta = Sanselan.getMetadata(jpegImageFile);
JpegImageMetadata jpegMetadata = (JpegImageMetadata) meta;
TiffOutputSet set = new
TiffOutputSet(TiffConstants.BYTE_ORDER_LITTLE_ENDIAN);

byte[] bytesXPComment =

ExifTagConstants.EXIF_TAG_XPCOMMENT.encodeValue(TiffFieldTypeConstants.FIELD_TYPE_ASCII,
                        "My xp comments", set.byteOrder);
TiffOutputField xpcommentField = new
                        TiffOutputField(ExifTagConstants.EXIF_TAG_XPCOMMENT,
                        ExifTagConstants.EXIF_TAG_XPCOMMENT.dataTypes[0],
bytesXPComment.length,
                        bytesXPComment);
set.getOrCreateRootDirectory().add(xpcommentField);

byte[] bytesUserComment =

ExifTagConstants.EXIF_TAG_USER_COMMENT.encodeValue(TiffFieldTypeConstants.FIELD_TYPE_ASCII,
                        "My user comments", set.byteOrder);
TiffOutputField usercommentField = new
                        TiffOutputField(ExifTagConstants.EXIF_TAG_USER_COMMENT,
                        ExifTagConstants.EXIF_TAG_USER_COMMENT.dataTypes[0],
bytesUserComment.length,
                        bytesUserComment);
set.getOrCreateRootDirectory().add(usercommentField);

Thanking you in advance.