On 12/3/2016 9:09 AM, Oliver Heger wrote:
You can add an event listener at the ReloadingController, then you
receive notifications of type ReloadingEvent.

But how does that help me? The Javadocs for [ReloadingEvent](https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/apidocs/org/apache/commons/configuration2/reloading/ReloadingEvent.html) says that this is an "event that is fired when a reload operation is required." I don't want an event just when a reload is _required_. That helps the ReloadingController, but doesn't help my application much. I want an event when a reload _has occurred_, that is, I'm guaranteed that the configuration now has new information.

Alternatively, you could also register a more generic listener for
events on the configuration builder itself. When the builder's managed
configuration is reset, a corresponding event is produced. This also
happens during a reload operation.

Does it happen _during_ a reload operation or _after_? When I receive this event, is the configuration guaranteed to have the new, reloaded information?

Why can't I just have a simple event saying "the configuration now has new data"?

Garret