On 1/24/2017 5:36 PM, Romero, René wrote:
> Guys, do you think dbcp-1.4.1 is going to come out soon?

I'm more familiar with the Lucene/Solr project than Commons, but if I
had to guess, I would say that you're unlikely to see a new 1.x version
of dbcp or pool.  The 1.4 version of dbcp was released nearly six years
ago, the 1.6 version of pool was released five years ago.  They are
quite old, and if a new version were planned, it is likely that it would
have already been released.

Typically when a new major version of an Apache project is released, the
previous major version goes into maintenance mode, and the major version
before that goes completely dead.  In maintenance mode, only extremely
significant bugs with widespread effects are fixed.  After so much time,
it is unlikely that any bug like this will be found, so the 1.x versions
have become *effectively* dead, even though that is not technically
their status.

While it is possible that Commons works differently than a typical
Apache project where previous major versions are concerned, I would be a
little bit surprised if that were the case.

Thanks,
Shawn