On Aug 28, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Paolo Denti wrote:

Hi Kevan,
i was using spring 2.0.6

following your suggestions and david's,
I downloaded the tomcat version and added
<dep:hidden-classes>
 <dep:filter>org.springframework.</dep:filter>
 <dep:filter>META-INF/spring</dep:filter>
</dep:hidden-classes>
to geronimo-web.xml

but still the deploy does not work. now i stucked just a little bit forward. I saw that no org.hibernate.transaction.TransactionManagerLookup implementations exists for geronimo. I found here (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/jboss-to-geronimo- hibernate-migration.html) an implementation (GeronimoTransactionManagerLookup) that i included in the package but it looks that it does not work.

10:32:23,124 ERROR [JTATransaction] Could not find UserTransaction in JNDI
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: UserTransaction
at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup (AbstractContext.java:163) at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup (AbstractContext.java:597)
       at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
at org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransaction.<init> (JTATransaction.java:60) at org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory.createTransaction (JTATransactionFactory.java:57) at org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext.getTransaction (JDBCContext.java:193) at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.getTransaction (SessionImpl.java:1315) at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.beginTransaction (SessionImpl.java:1325)

Nice work, Paolo. One note: the <hidden-classes> should not be strictly necessary running on Tomcat, but one can never be too careful... ;-)

Looks like we need to update that example for 2.0... I'm not much of a hibernate expert. Give me a bit and will get UserTransaction lookup working for you...

FYI, there is a J2G (JBoss to Geronimo) migration tool under development in Geronimo. IIUC, it wouldn't help in this case, but I could be wrong...

BTW, did you configure the hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class in your hibernate configuration?

In the meantime, ask Hibernate to add an Apache Geronimo lookup class... :-) Heh. Or better yet, start using JPA! ;-)

Back soon...

--kevan