On 8/29/07, Paolo Denti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Kevan, i tried and following the execution, the problem is in the
> proxyManagerClass.getMethod("createProxy", clzArray);
> the getMethod call fails.
>
> But looking at the javadoc i see that the signature of the ProxyManager
> createProxy method is
>
> Object *createProxy*(javax.management.ObjectName, Class)
>
> but we are inovoking proxyManagerClass.getMethod("createProxy", clzArray)
> where clzArray is a Class[] as if the signature were
>
> Object *createProxy*(javax.management.ObjectName, Class[])
>
> Hi Paolo,

the getMethod() takes 2 parameters: 1) the method name 2) the method
parameter Classes in the form of Class[].

clzArray contains {ObjectName.class,Class.class} as the createProxy()
signature is defined.

I think you are confusing the createProxy() method with the getMethod()
method that is part of java.lang.Class.

*Method
getMethod<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Class.html#getMethod%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.Class%5B%5D%29>
*(String <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/String.html> name,
Class <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Class.html>
[] parameterTypes).

I will keep looking into why the getMethod error fails. Is there a stack
trace or error message?

-Viet