Paul McMahan wrote:
On Sep 21, 2007, at 9:53 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

I would suggest not to undeploy tomcat in step 2 and use deploy.sh redeploy at step 6. If this works, then you need not worry about restarting any apps that might have got stopped when tomcat was undeployed as redeploy will restart everything that got stopped.

Thanks for the suggestion but that's not the behavior that I observed -- using "deploy.sh redeploy" still stopped the dependent modules.

Right. Redeploy will only restart the artifact that was specified in the command. It will not restart dependent artifacts that were stopped.

Joe