I implore you to stick with releasing RC3. Phoenix 4.0 has no release it
can currently run on. Phoenix doesn't use SingleColumnValueFilter, so it
seems that HBASE-10850 has no impact wrt Phoenix. Can't we get these
additional bugs in 0.98.2 - it's one month away [1]?

    James

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month