Hi,

jclouds is just a collection of APIs. It is not an executable or a
precompiled tool you can use out of the box to manage the different
cloud providers. It is a set of APIs you can use to write code that
can be used to manage any supported cloud.

The references to Maven or the reference to the jclouds-examples are
just the most common ways of configuring a Java project to use
jclouds. But in the end, like in any Java project, the only thing you
need to use jclouds is your project is to have the jclouds .jar files
in your classpath.

This said, the easiest way of starting a project that will use jclouds
is to use Maven, and configure the jclouds dependencies in the
pom.xml, just like is done in the jclouds-examples compute-basics
project. (The other pom files in the "main" jclouds repo are the ones
used to build jclouds itself; not examples on how to use the jclouds
jars).

To use Azure ARM you could easily copy the compute-basics project and
add the azure dependency to its pom.xml. That pom.xml is already
prepared to create an executable jar file, so it should be ready to
go. Just add the dependency and modify the code as needed for your
needs.