From: Paul de Prado
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:55 AM
To: Imthiyaz Ahmed
Cc: Bill Baker; Bill Baker; Barrie Pike
Subject: RE: Automatically invoking ETL

Hi Imthiyaz,

I suspect there is more to it.  Can you please review the ETL packages to let
me know if the ones for each file run the same stored procedures over and over
again?   While the sprocs being run do not take much time, we should of course
clean it up if needed.

If so, we must move those stored procedures into a new SSIS package and remove
them from all of the file-loading packages for each CAM retailer and
manufacturer.

Also, I know that some of the files will be loaded manually to get a head
start, especially when files are late or processing is going slowly.  Do you
still do that for NOM?  We need to account for whether Bill can wait for the
files to accumulate before running them, or if we should have a job that loads
them as soon as they are downloaded.

Lastly, what tests do you run after the ASDA and Morrisons files are downloaded
from their web sites to ensure the files are not bad ones?

Adding Bill and Baz to the email thread so they can chime in with questions as
needed...

Thanks,
Paul