Hi!

thanks for the fast reply! See my replies below:

Am 23.11.2005 um 01:58 schrieb Jukka Zitting:

Hi,

Sonic wrote:
I'm trying at the moment to get Excorcist to replicate content from one
DB to another (yes, I'm the Berlin guy :-) and (who would have
guessed?) I'm having some problems:

I hope I can help you here, we've run into similar issues...

-it changes the hostname in the new database, which of course causes
the site not to function any longer

This is caused by the staging2live setup synchronizing the *entire*
database contents, including the host records. Thus, unless your "live"
host records have been created from the scratch in the "live" database
or are also contained in your "staging" database, then those host
records will be overridden with "staging" values. :-(

The best solution to this problem is to either set up the "live" host
records in the "staging" database, or to exclude the host records from
being replicated.

I now commented out the mgd:* template in staging2live.xslt and included mgd:midgard_element instead. This at least stops the host name overwriting as well as the parameter duplication. The elements are stil not replicated though.

-every time I replicate, it adds all parameters for all topics again
(which also causes the site not longer to function), e.g. replicating
four times creates four midcom component parameters for each topic

This is most probably caused by your staging database not containing
guids for the parameters for some reason. In this case Exorcist doesn't find any matching parameter record in the live database and just creates
new parameters each time it is run. :-(

The next Exorcist beta contains a fix to this issue.

Hm. Could this have to do with the fact that I created many of those parameters in spider-admin (instead of AIS)?

When will the new beta be available? At SF, there is still only beta-1

-In the log files, there is a long list of messages in this form:
Broken link: 166c18fefc8c65192f82c2de4b64ae65

This is a complex way of saying that one of the imported objects
contained a NULL link. :-) Due to a bug in Exorcist such links are not
just ignored and you get those warning messages. I'll have it fixed in
the next Exorcist beta.

-apart from the above, it doesn't do much, at least I can't see any
update of the actual content happening, at least as far as Style
Elements (which is what I'm trying to replicate) are concerned

Check your staging2live.log file. You should be getting a long sequence
of "Importing midgard_element object ..." lines there.

What I get is the following (with the modified xslt):

[INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - -Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hash Code=1102920]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [input,output,state,exporter,converter,importer]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy [INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - -6 beans defined in application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext;hash Code=1102920]
[INFO] CollectionFactory - -JDK 1.4+ collections available
[INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - -Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default [EMAIL PROTECTED] [INFO] ClassPathXmlApplicationContext - -Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [EMAIL PROTECTED] ede] [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [input,output,state,exporter,converter,importer]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy] [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'input' [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'output' [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'state' [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'exporter' [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'converter' [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'importer' [INFO] XmlBeanDefinitionReader - -Loading XML bean definitions from file [/opt/exorcist/staging2live.xml] [INFO] FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - -Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext;has hCode=12755250]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [exporter,converter,importer]; parent: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [input,output,state,exporter,converter,importer]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy [INFO] FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - -3 beans defined in application context [org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext;has hCode=12755250] [INFO] FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - -Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default [EMAIL PROTECTED] [INFO] FileSystemXmlApplicationContext - -Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1afc] [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [exporter,converter,importer]; parent: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [input,output,state,exporter,converter,importer]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy] [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'exporter' [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'converter' [INFO] DefaultListableBeanFactory - -Creating shared instance of singleton bean 'importer'

and after that just a lot of lines wth 0 in it.

Bye,

Andreas

BR,

Jukka Zitting

--
Yukatan - http://yukatan.fi/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development

Adding sound to movies would be like putting lipstick on the Venus de Milo.
--Mary Pickford, 1925