Am 23.11.2005 um 17:16 schrieb Jukka Zitting:

Hi,

Sonic wrote:
I now commented out the mgd:* template in staging2live.xslt and included mgd:midgard_element instead. This at least stops the host name overwriting as well as the parameter duplication. The elements are stil not replicated though.

Ah, this is caused by Exorcist treating the Midgard database as a tree of objects. Instead of just mapping mgd:midgard_element records for output, you need to select the mgd:midgard_style records that contain the style elements. An example XSLT file would be:

  <xsl:template match="mgd:site">
    <mgd:site>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="mgd:midgard_style"/>
    </mgd:site>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="mgd:*">
    <xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

OK, I tried with these two templates, and in the log file, I can see the IDs of all the style elements of the sitegroup in the following form (17 is the ID of the Root Style):

0
17
267
17
466
17
231
17
232
17
204
17
212

But the replication still doesn't happen :-(

Bye,

Andreas

If you want you can add any number of xsl:apply-templates rules to selectively replicate parts of your database. For example:

  <!-- Replicate all the topic trees (including articles, etc.) -->
  <xsl:apply-templates select="mgd:midgard_topic"/>

  <!-- Replicate the identified topic subtree -->
  <xsl:apply-templates select=".//mgd:midgard_topic[mgd:guid='...']"/>

  <!-- Replicate all snippets -->
  <xsl:apply-templates select="mgd:midgard_snippetdir"/>

  <!-- Replicate all user accounts -->
  <xsl:apply-templates select="mgd:midgard_person"/>

The default <xsl:apply-templates/> rule replicates the entire database.

Hm. Could this have to do with the fact that I created many of those parameters in spider-admin (instead of AIS)?

It might. I've seen a few databases that do not contain GUIDs for all records, especially for parameters. The latest Exorcist snapshot fixes this problem by automatically generating any missing GUIDs.

When will the new beta be available? At SF, there is still only beta-1

I'll post beta-2 later today.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Adding sound to movies would be like putting lipstick on the Venus de Milo.
--Mary Pickford, 1925