On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 11:51:59PM +0200, Arttu Manninen wrote:
> Seppo Sahi wrote:
> > I'm trying to create no.odindata.quickform by AIS. Creating the component
> > works ok but I get HTTP error 500 when I try to use "create item" in order
> > to create a new form. After this user can see a default form with name,
> > email and comment fields on the site but admin can't see the created form in
> > AIS.
>
> I've been encountering the same and come up with the human reasons: I
> reckon this was the first component written by Tarjei and I have simply
> presumed that he never intended to use that 'create item'.
That is correct.
> How is it, Tarjei? Does that 'create item' have any actual use? It would
> be handy to develope (I also have some ideas in my sleeves that I could
> try to implement) the component so that sent forms could be optionally
> saved.
No it doesn't. I think the last version of midcom (2.4.6) has a updated version
that cleans it up and away.

> Some of these ideas are:
> - using style engine to give hands on the output www-form (send-form)
this is possible. One example:
http://www.odinsystemer.no/no/kurs

I'm planning to use the styleengine for the email output as well in 2.6.

> - configurable message headers (character encoding etc)
this should be in the configuration part of the midcom.
> - handling of 'datatype' => 'multiselect'
Yep, that's a point.
> - *not* using datamanager stylesheet, which breaks many things
?

Tarjei