Hi,

I feel that something that need to get started working with is the
midgard documentation project. Alot of things that are linked in the
docs will give you a blank page, with a title or a 404 page. (example
http://www.midgard-project.org/documentation/midcom) Well thats no good.
This would be the primary thing to fix.

Then think about how to present the docs, the links are often embedded
within alot of text, making it hard to get a good view of what really
are documented. A way to structure it maybe could be something like
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/Matrix/ or maybe
something like http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml
there you instantly get a pretty good picture of the documentation, and
what there is documented.

I'm in a learning phase of midgard and well frankly I've never used the
docs, I've spended several hours of googling to find the developer
blogs, and alot of time reading the source code of midgard/midcom to
learn how things work. That's not a good way to do it.

Also I would like documentation to be available as PDF and such, its
much more easy to print and manage than a website.

I've talked to alot of people about midgard, today they see midgard as a
developer playground due that the docs are pretty bad. I'm right now in
a project where it was deiced to use typo3 instead of midgard just
because midgard lacks a proper documentation.

What I would like to see from the documentation project is:

* Better overview of the documentation (more organized)
* A complete documentation covering all the modules and everything in
the midgard sphere.
* Complete reference of the modules (for example how the default schema
and config looks like for it)
* Tutorials, how to work with aegir/customizing modules. (one way to
write a tutorial is perhaps to find a complete site project that would
need customization of modules to work and describe what to do and where,
like many "newbie" coding books use).
* A standard that goes complete all over the docs, how to write, how to
format etc.

Greetings
Mattias "Plux" Stahre
[EMAIL PROTECTED]