tarjei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2. Release Midcom for 1.7 with a simple update script as a stopgap measure.
>
> Item (2) raises tow new questions:
> a) Should this release be done with pear?

Absolutely not.

> b) If if should be done with pear, how should we package and run the
> tableupdates?

The same way as dg handles it now. But pearized MidCOM is not going to be
included in some 1.7 release.
If we need this , we need to move dg from HEAD to 1-7 branch.

> I'm wondering as I'm trying to get the pear installations running on the
> testbox and I see this and the issues on static dirs as the main
> problems at the moment.

1. Tables create and update.

a) Use midgard-schema
b) DG automagically handles sql files placed in sql/update subdirectory.

2. I have no idea about static dirs and pear.

3. DG in HEAD supports pear and pearized midcom. This is initial as I still
do not know what packages should be installed.

Piotras