Piotras wrote:
tarjei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2. Release Midcom for 1.7 with a simple update script as a stopgap measure.

Item (2) raises tow new questions:
a) Should this release be done with pear?

Absolutely not.

b) If if should be done with pear, how should we package and run the tableupdates?

The same way as dg handles it now. But pearized MidCOM is not going to be included in some 1.7 release.
If we need this , we need to move dg from HEAD to 1-7 branch.

I'm wondering as I'm trying to get the pear installations running on the testbox and I see this and the issues on static dirs as the main problems at the moment.

1. Tables create and update.

a) Use midgard-schema
b) DG automagically handles sql files placed in sql/update subdirectory.
Bergie, could we have a midgard_sql directory configuration item?

2. I have no idea about static dirs and pear.

3. DG in HEAD supports pear and pearized midcom. This is initial as I still do not know what packages should be installed.
Take a look on the testhost. The pearsetup there is fairly complete. I think you'll probably see you're missing some pear commands.

Tarjei

Piotras