A text search on the "BUYER" role type suggests that RoleType doesn't
actually do anything other than act as a label for Parties.  I must be
missing something?

$ grep -r '"BUYER"' *
applications/securityext/data/UserDemoData.xml:    <PartyRole
partyId="admin" roleTypeId="BUYER"/>
applications/securityext/data/UserDemoData.xml:    <PartyRole
partyId="bizadmin" roleTypeId="BUYER"/>
applications/party/data/PartyTypeData.xml:    <RoleType
description="Buyer" hasTable="N" parentTypeId="EMPLOYEE"
roleTypeId="BUYER"/>
applications/order/servicedef/orderProcessXPDL.xml:
<Participant Id="BUYER" Name="Purchase Order Approval Role">
applications/accounting/data/DemoPaymentsInvoices.xml:    <PartyRole
partyId="AcctBuyer" roleTypeId="BUYER"/>
specialpurpose/workflow/data/OrderProcessWorkflow.xml:
<WorkflowParticipant packageId="org.ofbiz.order"
packageVersion="20030730144901" processId="_NA_" processVersion="_NA_"
participantId="BUYER" participantName="Purchase Order Approval Role"
description="Reviews and approves/rejects orders"
participantTypeId="ROLE"/>
specialpurpose/workflow/data/OrderProcessWorkflow.xml:
<WorkflowActivity packageId="org.ofbiz.order"
packageVersion="20030730144901" processId="ProcessOrder"
processVersion="20030730144901" activityId="approvePurchaseOrder"
objectName="Approve Purchase Order #${orderId}" objectPriority="5"
timeLimit="12.0" startModeEnumId="WAM_MANUAL"
finishModeEnumId="WAM_MANUAL" performerParticipantId="BUYER"
activityTypeEnumId="WAT_NO" canStart="N" joinTypeEnumId="WJT_XOR"
splitTypeEnumId="WST_XOR" acceptAllAssignments="N"
completeAllAssignments="N" limitService="sendProcessNotification"
limitAfterStart="N" delegateAfterStart="Y" restartOnDelegate="N"
inheritPriority="Y"/>
specialpurpose/ecommerce/data/DemoOrderPeopleData.xml:    <PartyRole
partyId="DemoBuyer" roleTypeId="BUYER"/>