In OFBiz .xml and .ftl files don't generally go into the database. If you are
saving them and not seeing anything updated in a currently running OFBiz
instance then it is probably due to cache settings (ie the caches are set to
never expire for production mode, instead of the default for development mode
which is to expire every 10 seconds), and those are in the cache.properties
file, and you can see the current settings and such in the WebTools webapp in
the Cache Maintenance screen.

In any case, if you could be more specific about what you are doing and what
the system is doing that is different from what you expect, that might be
helpful for those available to give feedback.

-David