Hi everybody,

is there a way to pass data between a dialog and a subdialog in the basic
implementation or between a "dialog state" and a "subdialog state" of the scxml
implementation? I'm looking for something similar to the attribute mappers that
Spring Web Flow features. The idea is to treat the dialogs as black boxes that
have defined input and output values (I'm not talking about string outcomes but
actual business data here) so they can be reused easily in different contexts.

Example to illustrate the problem:
There is a partsDialog that displays information on car parts. The partsDialog
allows the user to open a subdialog to search for a specific part of a car to
display information on that part. The partsDialog initializes the searchPart
subdialog with the type of the car and the searchPart subdialog returns a part
number to the partsDialog when it is done. The searchPart subdialog is also to
be used as a subdialog in other contexts.

Gruß
Marc