I have assembled a small sample project using:
    RI of JSF 1.2 v1.2_04_p2
    Shale nightly 20070717
    tiles-core-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.jar from the Shale nightly distribution
    JSTL 1.1.2
    Tomcat 6.0.13
    Updated the faces-config.xml to use:
          <faces-config xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd";
              version="1.2">
    Updated the web.xml to use:
          <web-app version="2.5"
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
                        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_5.xsd";>

I have the same sample project working successfully using:
    myfaces 1.1.4
    Shale nightly 20070409
    tiles-core-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.jar from the Shale nightly distribution
    JSTL 1.1.2
    Tomcat 6.0.13
    faces-config.xml:
          <!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC
  "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config 1.1//EN"
  "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd";>
    web.xml:
          <web-app version="2.4"
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
                        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>

When I attempt to display the home page of the new project, I get a
blank page. I have checked the tomcat logs and there are no complaints.
The web page source from the page that is displayed consists only of:

Using Live HTTP Headers inside FireFox yielded nothing of interest as
far as I can tell.

Have I mixed incompatible components?

If not does anyone have a suggestion short of debugging the JSF RI or
tiles source on how I can track down what is happening?

                                             -=> Gregg <=-