>Sorry about the empty post. Let's try again.
>
>There appears to be an unresolved bug from 02/Oct/06 reported against
>this problem along with a workaround at:
>https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-302
>http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=770686&messageID=4408064
>
>                                        -=> Gregg <=-

Gregg, thanks for providing more information.  The issues that Shale has with
regards to the proposed changes:

* Shale doesn’t yet have a code branch specifically focusing on JSF 1.2.  We
have talked about doing this but have not made it a priority.

* Shale tries to be RI neutral.  The solution on the forum uses classes in the
implementation of the Sun RI.  This solution wouldn’t work with myfaces.

Gary
--- Begin Message ---

Gregg Leichtman wrote:
> I have assembled a small sample project using:
>     RI of JSF 1.2 v1.2_04_p2
>     Shale nightly 20070717
>     tiles-core-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.jar from the Shale nightly distribution
>     JSTL 1.1.2
>     Tomcat 6.0.13
>     Updated the faces-config.xml to use:
>           <faces-config xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
>               xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>               xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd";
>               version="1.2">
>     Updated the web.xml to use:
>           <web-app version="2.5"
>     xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
>     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>                         http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_5.xsd";>
>
> I have the same sample project working successfully using:
>     myfaces 1.1.4
>     Shale nightly 20070409
>     tiles-core-2.0-r468346-SNAPSHOT.jar from the Shale nightly distribution
>     JSTL 1.1.2
>     Tomcat 6.0.13
>     faces-config.xml:
>           <!DOCTYPE faces-config PUBLIC
>   "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JavaServer Faces Config 1.1//EN"
>   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_1.dtd";>
>     web.xml:
>           <web-app version="2.4"
>     xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
>     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>                         http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>
>
> When I attempt to display the home page of the new project, I get a
> blank page. I have checked the tomcat logs and there are no complaints.
> The web page source from the page that is displayed consists only of:

> Using Live HTTP Headers inside FireFox yielded nothing of interest as
> far as I can tell.
>
> Have I mixed incompatible components?
>
> If not does anyone have a suggestion short of debugging the JSF RI or
> tiles source on how I can track down what is happening?
>
>                                              -=> Gregg <=-

--- End Message ---