See below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary VanMatre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 8/9/2007 11:53 AM
To: user@shale.apache.org
Subject: Re: Clay not escaping strings?

Actually, this doesn't work.  I still get the same error message, which I can
only assume is because Clay is internally nesting an f:verbatim (with
escape="false") within the h:outputText.

As I indicated in my other email, the only way to get this to work is to do
this :
here</span>

(escape="true" is unnecessary here since that is the default behavior of
outputText)

It sure would be nice if there were a way to tell Clay whether to escape such
strings (perhaps an "escapeProps" attribute added to the clay:clay component).
In my case, the current behavior is never what I want to happen, and I suspect
that would be the case in just about any application that doesn't need to store
HTML in its managed beans.

Rich Eggert
Member of Technical Staff
Proteus Technologies, LLC