On 9/30/07, sunilskulkarni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Rahul, I played with Trinidad all day yesterday with no luck. Shale is
> easier to set up and blends well with Faces, Tiles...etc. I have decided to
> use Shale for my Dialog framework needs but finding it difficult to find a
> basic example on how to use Dialog framework, where as Trinidad has good
> examples but hard to integrate. Rahul, appreciate if you can send me a
> sample example on how to use Shale Dialog framewrok. As suggested I couldn't
> build http://shale.apache.org/building.html due to lack of time. As
> application developer, I was hoping to use a document on how to use
> infrastructure and move on quickly with my core application. Thanks for your
> assistance.

<snip/>

As we discussed, these [1],[2],[3] documents are the starting point.
If these are not enough, or if they lack enough details to be useful,
then they need to be fixed. We will need your help in identifying what
needs to be explained better.

Also, if you are unable to build, you can pick up the pre-built
shale-usecases app [4] (as a zip) and dig into the log on / edit
profile dialog examples. Once you unpack the zip, the dialog
descriptor is here:
  <shale-usecases>/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/dialog-config.xml
The beans are here:
  <shale-usecases>/src/main/java/org/apache/shale/usecases/profile
The views are here:
  <shale-usecases>/src/main/webapp/profile

Looking at the examples in conjunction with the documents on the
website should help. If you have specific questions, please ask.

-Rahul

[1] http://shale.apache.org/shale-dialog/
[2] http://shale.apache.org/shale-dialog-basic/
[3] http://shale.apache.org/shale-dialog-scxml/