On 10/17/07, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >From: "Niall Pemberton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > I'm not sure. The test framework is one of the best parts of Shale but the
> > only problem I see in expanding for more EL support is that it becomes more
> > and
> > more complicated. It's easy to draw the line with the existing mock
> > implementation.
> > >
> > > At one time I added a fix to support scopes like
> > "#{requestScope['xxx.xxx.xx']}" and Craig made a similar comment about
> > keeping
> > the mock implementation simple.
> > >
> > > However, Shale is used by many of the myfaces projects. I think the
> > > community
> > should make the decision providing there is a volunteer to contribute.
> > >

> > I don't know how Shale Test Framework supports EL - but with the new
> > "Unified EL" spec, which is independant of servlet/jsf it might be an
> > idea to plug that into the test framework. Apache Tomcat has released
> > separate jars which are now available in the maven repo.
> >

> That sounds like something we should look into.  I'm not sure how coupled it
> is with JSP but would be better than building up a mock implementation.

Its not coupled at all - the problem was that jsf and jsp had
different el flavours - the unfied EL was decoupled from JSP and
released as a separate spec. The reason its been labelled "unified"
was because its underpinned the next (can't remember version numbers)
releases of both JSP and JSF:

http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/reference/techart/unifiedEL.html

Niall