Craig, I'm glad you're enjoying working with Rails, but I don't see Shale
and JSF as "Java related frameworks" if you're willing to integrate them
with scripting languages (such as Ruby or Groovy) on the JVM. It seems to me
that might be more of a logical focus.

Kito D. Mann - Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info