just as Tip:
1. A Shale dialogs is an interaction with the user spanning multiple HTTP
requests!
2. Who says A must says B! Start/ End Dialog
3. Imagine a dialogs like UML2 diagram, state diagram, flow, etc.. they
defines a user dialog that responds to user events to drive the execution of
application code to complete a business goal(see Spring Webflow)!!
4. Each dialog is a unit for themselves, which can be tested in isolation,
wich may be embedded as a subdialog, which can be extended but not to be
interrupted!
5. The consistency of a dialog should not indiscriminately!!
6. You have to come to a decision:
--> state diagram vs Struts simple navigation action Forward!
--> using dialogs that mean You have to take care of Your State
Flow!(Programmatically)
--> use Actionlistener , Notifier to clean the dialog state, evict Your
Dialog!

I must admit at the beginning of my experience with Shale, I also run a
search for "prĂȘt-a-porte" solutions.

Sam